Friday, December 28

Celiac Disease and Sorbitol H2 Breath Tests

Another of my dear friends has been diagnosed gluten sensitive with the "breath test".  I know that this is new and has previously only been used to gauge gut and villi health in the recovery part of the disease, but a doctor in our town is using it to diagnose patients.   And that's perfectly okay with me.

I find no reason to disparage this practice as I am, as you all know, an advocate of the gold standard being your own health, not the note from the doctor giving you permission to finally be sick.

IF YOU TRY THE DIET AND YOU FEEL BETTER, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Here is the pubmed link to the expert's opinions.

And Good Luck

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11686216

Here is the link to the study about finding celiac disease amidst your relatives by using the breath test.   Can I just say, that if this had been possible, my nieces and nephews--in fact my entire family who all submitted to the study requiring blood work--would probably like me better.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12889558

No comments: