Saturday, September 27

Bread Crumb Griddle Cakes


THE TEST

I made these. They turned out great! I halved the batch... just in case. Why ruin an entire batch? I used my wholegrain flour mix for the GF Flour, I substituted a splash of buttermilk, and a dash of baking soda to the dry ingredients. Oh, and banana. I added reconstituted banana chips because I had some that needed used up!

Even the devout "I hate gf pancakes" teen liked them!"

P.S. They are also good as a cold midmorning rush snack. (Gotta get to the school to volunteer, then to the office to make-up and dress the husband in drag for a charity thing.) _________________________

My daughter needed some college food to use up the failed bread she's gotten very adept at baking. Here honey, betcha never heard of these?

Crumb Griddle Cakes
1 cup GF flour 1 cup GF bread crumbs
1½ cups milk, scalded 2 eggs, beaten
4 tsp. baking powder 2 Tbsp shortening or butter, melted
Pinch of salt

1. Mix the melted fat and the scalded milk together.
2. Pour over the bread crumbs and let stand until bread crumbs are soft.
3. Add the beaten eggs, flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Mix and beat well.
5. Cook on slightly greased hot griddle on both sides

No comments: