Thursday, October 3

Pumpkin waffles


Rats! I can't remember whose g-f site I was on that made pumpkin waffles? I'm sorry, but they looked so yummy and so I had to make some. It just seems the season, leaves falling, a chill in the air, pumpkins splashed on every street corner. Just seems like the environmental thing to do! Recycle some of your own, or use a handy, dandy can of pumpkin.

USE YOUR OWN PANCAKE MIX and add pumpkin, spice and oil.  Be daring.  It's delicious.

I made my standard waffles recipe, (I'll bet any great GF pancake mix would work) but at the end, added a quarter cup of pumpkin and a tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and it was delicious. Make certain you do add 2 tablespoons extra oil or they will stick terribly. (like my first batch).

Pancake Mix

1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp. xanthum gum (guar gum)
1 T. whole egg powder or egg replacer
1 T. buttermilk powder (opt.)
2 cups rice flour
1 cup sorghum flour
4 T. sugar
1/2 cup garfava bean, or buckwheat, or whatever flour (optional)

Mix and keep in a tightly sealed container. We use this same mix for waffles.


No comments: