Thursday, December 3

GF Holiday Pies

I'm making pies--at least once a week now for any occasion or reason. Tis the season.

Today it's the youngest son's birthday. Doesn't want his usual icecream cake, or ice cream sandwiches (Bette Hagman's Comfort Foods recipes) he wants the rest of the pie that went too quickly on Thanksgiving with eleven of us eating leftovers.

So pumpkin it is. And I'm trying Bette's updated crust recipe. Wish me luck.

YIKES! It took a half cup of ice water to form a workable dough, not 1 tablespoon. This does not bode well!!!! It's cooling...

1 comment:

Dia D said...

You are amazing: a pie a WEEK? Agave diabetic pie crust? Do you realize most people can't make a NORMAL pie crust?!?!?!
And also, COME HERE QUICKER! I WANT A PIE! JUST ONE! I DIDN'T EVEN GET ONE AT THANKSGIVING!