Sunday, April 23

ALMOND POPPY SEED MUFFINS


lasted posted in August 2008

2013

As I'm baking up a muffin menagerie, I've resurrected this muffin recipe, dusted it off and am eating it until I'm full.  I have unearthed 39 muffin recipes that have been posted on this blog, everything from cajun corn to jalapeno bacon and cranberry chocolate.  There are some delicious muffins to be eaten and I'm really glad to be in the muffin mode again.

These are to die for. Even better when I add a touch of lemon.

Sorry, I made up the recipe from off the back of a big bag of poppyseed muffin mix, so you are stuck with huge increments. Think of it this way... you can make them for all your friends too... forever.

I keep this mix on the shelf and use 1 3/4 (updated 1-2013) cups of it for the muffins.
Mix:
1/2 cup sorghum,
3/4 cup garfava or buckwheat flour
1 cup tapioca flour,
1 1/2 cup potato starch
1 1/2 cup sugar,
4 Tbs. poppy seeds
2 T. baking powder,
4 teaspoon xanthun gum
2 t. salt,
2 t. soda
1/4 cup dry eggs,
1 Tablespoon potato flour, not starch (optional, who always has dry potato flakes to grind?)

Take 1 1/2 cup of this mix and add to 2 eggs, 2 T. oil, 1/4 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup milk, with 1 t. almond flavoring and 1 T. lemon juice (optional).

Makes 36 mini muffins.

2 comments:

Dia D said...

Two ideas from a oft-times user (laterly): there should be a page of just discussion where people can ask questions. Also should be a tab for "bulk" foods, as in stuff that can be in mixes, frozen already cooked, etc.

Dia Darcey said...

what about the poppy seeds?